Is The Color Run a charity or a non-profit organization?
The Color Run is neither a charity nor a non-profit organization. The Color Run SA is a “for profit” event management company and our number one goal is to produce high quality events and we look to do good at the same time through a number of ways.
Do you help a charity or cause?
Yes, we do. We work with our Sponsor, Capitec Bank, to raise funds for charities associated to their fund raising initiatives. Last year we raised over R500,000 to help grow education initiatives in the areas we visited.
The Color Run also works with local organizations in various cities they host events in.
Do you also donate money to charity?
The Color Run donated more than R500,000 to charity since their founding in last year alone.
1) In ticket donation. The always awesome Capitec Bank have stepped up to the plate and will donate R10 from every ticket sold to our various charity initiatives. Quick maths… if 10,000 people run then that’s an extra R100,000 that are going to be used for some thing amazing.
2) Fun(d)raising. You’re doing 5kms in the name of ‘exercise’ so why not match it to a good cause and become a real superhero! It’s the perfect opportunity to guilt friends, relatives and family into stumping up their cash and helping you raise funds while having fun.
This year we’re calling on all runners to help raise funds for some amazing charities (the real Superheros), who work tirelessly in our communities each and every day. To set up a campaign on BackaBuddy check out the process below!
3) Our commitment. In some cities we partner with charities and donate to causes at the end of our events. We look to use local suppliers at each of our locations and reach out to the communities we visit to help leave a legacy.
Can I raise funds for a charity?
Of course! We’ve been about doing good and having fun ever since we started! As a for-profit event management company, we love the opportunity we have to partner with charities to help shine a light on their amazing work within society and highlight the causes they stand for. Last year we raised over R500,000 with Capitec Bank to help grow education initiatives in the areas we visited.
This year we’re calling on all runners to help raise funds for some amazing charities (the real Superheros), who work tirelessly in our communities each and every day. To set up a campaign on BackaBuddy just:
– Select your benefiting charity
– Receive your campaign link
– Share with your friends and family and ask them to support you!
Its super easy to make a positive impact!
Is my registration fee tax deductible?
No. Your registration fee is not tax deductible. The only tax deductible portion would be if you made an additional donation directly to the charity during the registration process or bought the registration directly through the charity.
I work for an awesome charity! How can we be a part of this?
We love charity suggestions! Please email us at email@example.com with a short description of what your charity is all about!